I have been lucky enough to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by three different amazing blogs! A big thanks to these guys for thinking of me. =)
Here are the rules for receiving the award:
- Link back to the original nominator's website
- Post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the questions the nominator set for you
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate
- Nominate 5-11 blogs (with less than 200 followers)
11 Random Things About Me1. I have lived in five different states in my lifetime.
2. I am excited to no longer be a "first year teacher" this upcoming year!
3. Family is very important to me.
4. I am currently going back to school to receive my English Language Learner certification.
5. I danced competitively all through high school and college.
6. I really dislike cleaning, but I wish I didn't.
7. I try to exercise every day... but it doesn't always happen.
8. My favorite show is So You Think You Can Dance.
9. I spend too much money on children's books.
10. I tend to worry a lot.
11. I have two cats who I love dearly!
Answers to Questions by Nominator(I answered Julia's questions because she nominated me first. It's only fair!)
1. What is your favorite subject to teach? My favorite subject to teach is reading. I love love love children's literature and sharing my favorite books with my kiddos.
2. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging to connect with other teachers. I work at a very small private school so I am always looking for other teachers to collaborate with and
3. What is your favorite part about blogging? My favorite thing about blogging is being able to connect with other teachers! There are so many people with amazing ideas that I would never know about if it weren't for blogging.
4. What do you hope for the future of your blogging? I hope to continue to share my ideas and make many more bloggy friends as I go.
5. What is your dream vacation? Do I have to pick just one?? There are so many places I want to travel to. I love to go anywhere with a beach.
6. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends? I love to be lazy and lounge with my two cats.
7. Where did you go to school? I graduated from Middle Tennessee State University and I am currently attending Vanderbilt University to receive my ELL certification.
8. What is your favorite children's book? I have SO many there is no way I could pick just one! I love Eric Carle, Dr. Suess, Doreen Cronin, the list goes on and on...
9. What is your favorite blog to follow? These questions are too hard! I have so many blogs that I stalk daily. Just check my bloggy reel over to the right and you will see!
10. What accomplishment are you most proud of in your life? Graduating from college and finishing my first year of teaching.
11. Are you married? Do you have kids? I am not married and have no children! Of course I hope to some day... but right now its just me and my two sweet kitty babies. =)
I have emailed those I have nominated with the questions I created for them--check your email!
There are so many awesome giveaways going on lately! Check them out!
AND Kathleen from K-3 Kathleen is giving away a $50 Target gift card! Enter here.