I know, I know… I have been completely MIA in the blogging world lately. As you know, the beginning of the year is CRAZY--especially in Kindergarten. BUT I will try to do better and I have some freebies for you to make up for it. =)
Today I am linking up with Doodlebugs for Five for Friday (on Saturday...oops. I'm such a slacker lately!).
1. This week we read “If You Give a Moose a Muffin”. Who doesn’t love the “If you give a…” books? Then, we practiced counting with a muffin freebie from Greg at Smedley’s Smorgasboard. I plan on also using these muffins to practice patterns and ordinal numbers.
2. We have been using these Alphabet Practice Pages for morning work. I love them because they are all set up the same way and after completing a couple, they are really easy for my kiddos to complete independently.
3. I use a modified version of The Daily 5 in my classroom. All of my students “read to self” and “work on writing” at the same time. To add to “read to self” my students started to a letter hunt. This week we “hunted” for the letter S in our books. We also hunt for sight words sometimes. This is an example of the pages I have been making to use for our letter hunts.
4. We started math centers this week. I found some fabulous free centers on TpT and I also made one for you!
Here the students pick a card then make the pattern with pattern blocks. You can grab these free pattern block cards here.
Here the students pick a card and then make the pattern with cubes. I found these pattern cards here.
I made these apple matching cards. The student count the number of apples and match them to the correct number. Grab it for free here.
5. This year, we say a class promise at the beginning of each day. At the beginning of the year, we talked about what each of the parts mean and we use it as a reminder to have good behavior throughout the day. I am not sure where this originally came from, but you can grab a copy I made here.