I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!
1. I took a "nap" after school today, and I just woke up. Seven. Hours. Later. Oops. It has been one of those weeks.
2. For some reason some of the kiddos in my class love to stick their fingers down their throats and make a "throw up" noise. I have told them and told them that if they keep doing that they will really throw up. Guess what happened this week? Yep. One of them finally did... and it was at lunch of course. I was NOT happy about that. I bet they won't try that again at least. Oh, the glamorous life of a teacher.
3. I had a observation scheduled for today... the last day before we have a ten day break from school. The perfect day for an observation because the kids are always on their best behavior the day before a break, right? Of course. =) I was really nervous about it all morning. Then, I find out we have church service for our school today and it is supposed to be a "quick 10 minutes". What they meant to say was TWO HOURS. I felt so bad for my poor kiddos because I had told them it was only going to be ten minutes long. Oops. They were miserable. Not to mention, the service was so long that we didn't get to have specials or my observation that I had been stressing about for a week, so now I have to reschedule. Ahhh. It was no ones fault, just one of those things.
4. Here is part of my lesson that was supposed to be observed. We read The Tiny Seed this week and talked about beginning, middle, and end. I made the anchor chart below and we added one part (beginning, middle, or end) per day. The kids really liked the train visual and I hope that it will help them remember BME.
I also found a train worksheet that the kiddos could fill in themselves, but we didn't have time to use it. Here is the sheet if you would like to check it out. (It's free!)
5. I have been working my hiney off on a summer homework packet for my class. It is actually pretty fun, but time consuming. I can't wait to get it finished and posted. =)
I now have a week to relax! Thank goodness!! It has been a long one.