Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pencil Problems Solved!

My class has had tons of pencil problems this year. At the beginning of the year, I bought an xacto pencil sharper. It was supposed to suction itself to a desk or table so that you could sharpen by hand. It came unstuck every two minutes and was really hard to use. Then, one of the fabulous parents from my room got us an electric sharpener. (I donated the xacto sharpener to another teacher and it broke soon after.) The electric sharpener was great for a while. Then the batteries ran out way fast because the kiddos weren't using it correctly and it was LOUD. We had to wait until the end of the day to use it because of all the noise it made.

I kept seeing my fellow bloggers talking about "The Quietest Classroom Sharpener", so I had to check it out. I am oh so glad that I did! It is pretty much the greatest thing ever!


If you have not heard about this sharpener from Classroom Friendly Supplies, you MUST try it out! Troy, who owns the company, is a teacher! He is very nice and the shipping is super fast.

Here's what it looks like... it comes in multiple colors!



It is different that any other sharpener I've used (in a good way!). To use, you pull out the silver part of the sharpener (it is already pulled out in the pictures). Then you squeeze the two black triggers at the top and insert your pencil. When you let go, it holds it n place. Then you crank the handle and it does not take long at all for your pencil to be perfectly sharp! It hardly makes any noise when sharpening--perfect for the classroom!



Check out these before and after pictures. That has got to be the sharpest pencil I have ever seen!


Do you have one of these yet? What do you think of it? If you would like to get one go to Classroom Friendly Supplies and start shopping! 

Want this sharpener for yourself? You can enter to win one here!

Happy sharpening!

No comments:

Post a Comment