I have been working like a mad woman trying to get my classroom ready. It is still not as finished as I would like it to be, but it will have to do. I went with a polka dot and bunting theme this year. Here is a look at some parts of my room.
This is how my name is displayed on my desk (without the black blobs of course).
These color posters are part of my Number, Shape, and Color Posters set. My classroom has zero bulletin boards, so I have to create my own. I used a plastic table cloth for the background and the border is from Frog Street Press. You can buy it here from Amazon.
These posters are also part of my Number, Shape, and Color Posters set.
Above are the hooks where my students hang their backpacks. They each have an assigned number and hook. You can grab these numbers here.
Today is Open House at my school. We have a morning and night session where the parents and kiddos drop by to meet their teachers before school starts on Monday. I'm excited to meet the rest of my new students! When they drop by, they will pick up a folder of information about the year ahead.
Some of the things I include in the folder are:
- Student Info Card--Parents will fill this out and leave it with me, the rest of the folder they will take with them. I keep this card for reference all year because it has a ton of important information on it. Grab this info card for free here.
- Introduction Letter--I write a letter to parents letting them know a little bit about myself (where I graduated from, the things I like to do in my free time) and welcoming them to my classroom.
- Discipline Plan--This informs the parents of the class discipline procedures and how they will know how their child behaves each day. (I will post more about this in the future. You can see and download the behavior chart I used last year here.)
- Homework--I write a small section about kindergarten homework and the consequences if it is not completed.
- Class Website--I write a little about how to navigate the class webpage. Our newsletter is on it each week, so it is really important for them to know.
And because it is August, it is time for Currently!
Now off to nap before I go back to school tonight!