1. We finally started our modified version of The Daily Five this week. We started to build our stamina for Read to Self. It seems like it takes about a billion years to get the kids to a decent amount of time, but once they are there it is amazing. So far, we are up to two and a half minutes.
2. I started back at Vandy for the semester. I don't even really want to think about it yet.
3. I finished my classroom jobs display and we started to use them this week. Woohoo! Jobs make a teacher's life a little bit easier. I like how they turned out and it matches my other classroom decor!
4. Have you heard of this stuff? I learned about it from a professor in undergrad and its pretty awesome! Basically you paint it on the back of something laminated and it dries tacky so you can stick it on things and pull it off again! Great for centers or putting things on the board you need to move around. I use it for my star tables which is my number 5.
I looked for this stuff at every craft store in town and finally ended up buying it from amazon. I just love amazon.
5. This is a new addition to my classroom management system. I plan on posting about this tomorrow. It is going to be my first Facebook Fan Freebie! So be sure to "like" K-3 Connection or come back here to grab it!
The FREEBIE is up! Click here to read more about it!