Saturday, August 24, 2013

Fan FREEBIE!

I finally gave in and created a K-3 Connection facebook page. I really have no idea what to do with it yet, but I have created a fan FREEBIE for you! Read about it below and then click here to "like" K-3 Connection and grab the freebie!


Star Tables Behavior Management System

I have added "Star Tables" to my Behavior Clip Chart as a part of my behavior management system. This is a group system where students are rewarded by tables or groups. I find this can help keep the classroom under control more than when you reward/punish an individual student's behavior because the groups start to work together to earn the reward. Students will redirect their peers behavior because they want to earn a star.



How to Use Star Tables

Basically, when a table or group is making good choices, they earn a star. Groups can also lose stars when they are not doing what they are supposed to. Each group earns as many stars as they can for a week (or however long you'd like). At the end of the week, the group with the most stars gets a reward. 

To stick the stars to the table posters I use Tack it Over. I learned about it from a professor in undergrad and its pretty awesome! Basically you paint it on the back of something laminated and it dries tacky so you can stick it on things and pull it off again! It is cheap and it lasts a long time which is a major plus in my book.



In my class, the "Star Table" gets a small trophy that sits on the table for the next week. This is the smallest, cheapest, dinkiest, trophy in the world and the kids WANT it SO badly. They really work hard to earn it. Click the picture below to see where I got my trophy.


Head on over to the K-3 Connection facebook page for this freebie!

No comments:

Post a Comment