1. First, I will share which was my "lie" from the Let's Get Acquainted linky this week. A couple of you guessed it... I do NOT have a purple belt in karate. It was so hard for me to think of a lie! I have lived in five states. Growing up we moved a lot for my Dad's work. I danced competitively for eight years (all through high school and college). Now I teach a high school dance team and I love it! They are two time State Champs!
2. On Monday, we had to cram the whole school in one hallway for a tornado warning! It was crazy but good practice, and the weather wasn't too bad. My kids were so well behaved!
3. We have been working on the 5 senses this week. I got some good ideas and resources from Nicole at Mrs. Ricca's Kindergarten. (If you haven't checked out her blog, you should! It is amazing and she has the BEST freebies.) Like her school, our science curriculum is not the best. Here's some of what we did:
First, we labeled a chart together.
The students labeled their own charts afterward. (I got these as a freebie from Nicole here.)
We practiced using our five senses with different types of apples. We observed, touched, tasted, and smelled.
The students observed both the outside and the inside of their apples.
(You can download this observation page in the freebie below.)
We tasted three different types of apples and graphed our favorites.
(This data page is also included in the freebie.)
You can download the apple data pages here. I hope you enjoy this FREEBIE!
4. We had a teacher in-service day today. Call me crazy, but I love them!
5. It's officially my Spring Break! Woohoo! I hope to finish my summer centers, but we will see how productive I am...