Friday, March 15, 2013

Five for Friday (March 15)

I am joining the craze and linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday linky party.


Here are five random things about my week:

1. I finally gave in and bought a new design for my blog. I had a free design before, and I liked it, but it wasn't bright enough for me. I am in love with it now! I got it from Dreamlike Magic. Alicia has a ton of super cute pre-made designs for you to choose from. She even installs them for free! Mine was up about 24 hours later. I am so happy with it and would definitely recommend her to anyone who is looking to change up their design.



2. A virus has been going around my school like crazy. Kids have been going home sick left and right all week long. Luckily, it hasn't gotten to me or my class (knock on wood). I'm hoping we can avoid that. We have been sanitizing and disinfecting like crazy all week. The school nurse was nice enough to get all of the teachers an all natural cleaner/disinfectant for our rooms. Woo hoo!


3.  We have had St. Patrick's Day activities spread all throughout our week. We have read The Night Before St. Patrick's Day  and There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover. My kids love the "There Was an Old Lady" books. One of the parents brought us some green treats and had the great idea of putting the kids shoes outside the room during nap so that a leprechaun could leave them some surprises. The kids thought I was crazy when I told them that they had to put their shoes out there because they were too stinky. When they went to retrieve their shoes, they were so excited. I even had one cutie yell, "I love leprechauns!". Its the little things. =)




4. Now that we are done with St. Patrick's Day, I am so excited about next week's centers. It's finally time for Spring! My spring centers are my favorite I have made so far. The graphics are so bright and fun! Now if only we could get the springy weather to stay for good...



5. That brings me to Spring Break. We have a teacher in-service day next Friday, then a week off for break! I love my kiddos, but I am ready for some time to be lazy and visit my family.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment